Reflections “Look Within” (2019 - 2020)
"Look Within" Flyer
HOW TO ENTER / HOW TO PRINT THE ENTRY FORM:
- You may need to come to this section, only when the kids art work is ready to submit.
- Once the kids art work is ready and ready to submit, please click on the google form link below and enter all the details including your email address and submit it. Please double check your email address as this is very IMPORTANT. Entry Submission Form
- Once you submit the form, please check your Inbox/Trash folder for an email from email@example.com with subject "Form Publisher - kids first name kids last name artwork name". This email will have the pre-filled entry form as a pdf attachment.
- Print this entry form and have the student and parent sign it.
- Submit the signed entry form along with the work at the Multi purpose room Starting Monday, October 15th through Thursday, October 18th.
- All art work should accompany an entry form. So, please fill out 1 entry form per art work.
Is your child creative, artistic or musical? Does your child like to dance, sing, paint, sculpt, draw, take photographs, play an instrument, and/or write stories or poems? Then this is the program for them. Encourage their growth by having them participate in the PTA Reflections Program.This is a National Art Program and competition that is designed to provide opportunities for students to express themselves and to receive positive recognition for their artistic efforts. Each year, the PTA Reflections Program challenges students to create art inspired by a specific theme. The 2019-2020 theme is “Look Within”.
All grades from Transitional Kinder - 6th grade can enter. Simple have students think about the theme and then let them express their ideas in any of these 6 art categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Musical Composition
- Visual Arts (2D and 3D)
- All entries submitted must be original works and must relate to the current year’s Reflections Program theme.
- Each entry must be the work of only one student. Assistance from teachers, parents, or friends is not permitted except in special cases (such as students with physical disabilities).
- Specific rules for each category as well as Participation rules must be followed.
- More info on the Reflections Program can be found at: http://capta.org/programs-events/reflections/.
A Word to Parents
We all want to help our children do well but in this case we must have a hands off mentality. Our children must be responsible for their own work. Children must make their own decisions about what to create and what to enter in the Reflections Program. By producing their own literature, musical compositions, photographs, films, dance routines, and visual artwork, children learn about the arts and, more importantly, they learn about themselves. Students should simply do their best; crooked lines, incorrect musical notes, or misspelled words do not disqualify anyone.
To support your child in their creative efforts provide them with the material to succeed: art paper, makers, crayons, colored pencils, paints, writing paper, pens and pencil, camera, video camera, computer time, a tripod, anything to make their creative process flow uninterrupted but most importantly give them the time and space to create. Don’t over schedule them; give them time to think about what they want to create and then let them take control of the process.
Please feel free to contact us over the summer with any questions you might have.
Viji and Parul